The New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation reminded visitors that tickets for the 2021 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach will be required to enter the park May 28 – 30. A limited number of tickets remain available for the practice show on Friday, May 28, and can be purchased through the State Parks website. Sales will close Thursday, May 20 at midnight.
Those unable to attend will still be able to observe through a livestream of the event available at WABC-TV https://abc7ny.com/, as well as on WABC’s Connected TV Apps on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, and Roku. The livestream will air Saturday, May 29, 2021 with a rain day of Sunday, May 30, 2021.
To make this and future Air Shows a success, State Parks asks Jones Beach visitors to observe the special rules that will be in place for May 28-30:
- Only Special Event Parking Pass holders will be admitted to the parking fields. Vehicles without a pass will be turned away.
- Event Parking Pass holders will receive an email including the QR code needed for entry, the week prior to the event. Please call 516-490-2400 or email email@example.com if this is not received by Tuesday, May 25.
- Taxis, Lyft, Uber, ride-sharing, or individual drop-offs will not be permitted.
- An Event Parking Pass will be required per vehicle, not per person; every vehicle will need a pass.
- Empire Passes cannot be used for entry into the parking fields during this special event.
- All attendees must remain on the beachfront; sitting or standing on the boardwalk will not be permitted.
- Please follow all current New York State and Department of Health COVID-19 guidelines and precautions.
Additional information on the event can be found at https://bethpageairshow.com/.
Parkgoers interested in enjoying the beach, picnicking or other outdoor activities are encouraged to visit another park for the holiday weekend. For a list of parks, visit: https://parks.ny.gov/parks/.