The New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation is pleased to announce that several Long Island State Parks will remain open during the nighttime hours for viewing of the Tau Herculid Meteor Shower on the evening of Monday, May 30 into predawn hours of Tuesday, May 31, 2022.
There will be no charge and the normal star gazing permit will not be required. You must remain in the parking lot near your vehicle. We suggest you dress appropriately for the weather and bring a chair that reclines.
State Parks that will remain open for viewing are:
- Hallock State Park Preserve
- Jones Beach State Park – West End 2
- Montauk Point State Park – Upper Parking Lot
- Orient Beach State Park – Main Parking Lot
- Robert Moses State Park – Field 2
- Sunken Meadow State Park – Field 3
- Wildwood State Park – Field 1