The toll that the Covid-19 pandemic has taken in recent months has flipped the hospitality industry on its head, requiring properties across the world to change immensely and adapt rapidly to a tremendous amount of new operating procedures. One such property, Woodloch Pines, an all-inclusive family resort in Pennsylvania’s Pocono Mountains, has embraced these challenges with open arms and made “Resort Responsibly” its new mantra.
The safety of its staff, guests, and the local community has always been of paramount importance to Woodloch. The “Resort Responsibly” program has taken this commitment to the next level, detailing protocols for every department in order to ensure strictest sanitization property-wide and adhere to social distancing guidelines. While operation may look a bit different in the midst of this new normal, the Woodloch experience continues to remain true to its tagline, “Together is the best place to be.”
After remaining closed for over two months, the Poconos resort first reopened on June 5th following the guidance of the State of Pennsylvania’s “Yellow Phase.” On June 19th, it moves into the “Green Phase” of reopening, allowing all activities as well in-restaurant dining to resume. The “Resort Responsibly” program addresses six key areas of operation, which are outlined below:
- Reciprocal Promises
- Woodloch promises to protect the safety of all parties and asks guests to follow suit. This entails taking necessary precautions to ensure social distancing measures, proper hand hygiene, and the use of masks.
- The Woodloch Wellness Standard & Housekeeping
- Exceeding the recommended guidance set by the state of Pennsylvania and CDC, the Poconos resort has created a full-time Safety Department to oversee guest and staff safety. Their primary focus will be infection control and prevention.
- Public areas and frequent touchpoints will be vigorously sanitized with hospital-grade cleaners.
- Woodloch will implement practices in accordance with the American Hotel & Lodging Association’s Safe Stay program, the hospitality industry’s gold standard in cleaning.
- Housekeeping Safety Inspectors will certify and seal rooms as clean.
- The resort has invested in technology to minimize the necessary amount of contact between guests and staff.
- Activities, amenities and entertainment
- The family resort’s 1,500-acre property features nature trails for hiking and biking as well as an expansive lake for swimming and a variety of boating activities.
- Amenities include: indoor and outdoor pools, hot tubs, go-carts, archery, paintball, shuffleboard, trap shoot, mini golf, escape rooms, horseshoes, bocce, and a brand-new playground.
- Activities featured include: game show contests, athletic competitions, trivia contests, scavenger hunts and hallmark guest favorites such as Cupcake Wars, a baking competition where creativity reigns supreme.
- Guests can enjoy both indoor and outdoor entertainment such as movie nights, variety acts, comedians, and live music. Multiple seating times will be available for indoor acts to ensure adherence to social distancing measures.
- Golf is also available at neighboring Woodloch Springs, a championship 18-hole golf course.
- A la carte spa treatments at the family resort’s sister property, The Lodge at Woodloch, are available on a limited basis.
- Dining Experience
- Indoor and outdoor dining is now available.
- Indoor tables will be spaced appropriately and additional seating times may be available to ensure proper social distancing.
- Take-out dining will be available during set hours for both breakfast and dinner.
- Check-in and Check-out
- Upon arrival and prior to entering, each guest’s temperature will be taken curbside. One person from each party will be allowed to enter the main office for check-in.
- Check-out can be completed over the phone, and receipts can be emailed.
- There will be no daily housekeeping, but guests have the option to receive contact-free delivery of room amenities, linens, and sundries.
- Staff Policies and Procedures
- Approved PPE will be given to all staff members, and they will be required to wear masks while on property, both indoors and out.
- Temperatures will be taken upon arrival to work each shift.
- Contact tracing measures have been implemented in the unlikely event of exposure for our staff and our guests’ protection.
- The resort’s Safety Department will hold weekly meetings, educating employees about symptom recognition, cleaning and sanitizing procedures, proper hand and personal hygiene as well as protocol guidance.
- All food and beverage employees will follow Serv-Safe guidelines.
“Maintaining the health and safety of our guests and staff is of the utmost importance to us, and we are committed to going above and beyond to protect them during these unprecedented times. Since we first opened in 1958, the core elements of the Woodloch experience have always been about togetherness and fun. Although we have had to make some adjustments, we are elated to have reopened. We remain more dedicated than ever to delivering our signature brand of excellence and warm hospitality,” said Brad Kiesendahl, C.E.O of Woodloch Pines.
To obtain more information, please visit https://www.woodloch.com/special-statement/
About Woodloch Pines Resort:
Creating a magical experience for families since 1958, Woodloch Pines Resort’s signature warm hospitality keeps guests returning year after year and offers a truly unique all-inclusive family vacation experience fitting for everyone’s taste. An award-winning family resort, championship golf course and sister property featuring a luxury destination spa are just 95 scenic and convenient miles from New York City nestled in the Pocono Mountains Lake Region.