After the holiday season screeches to a halt and the ball drops on the New Year, it is not uncommon for the winter blues to creep in. Cue Woodloch Pines, an all-inclusive resort located in Pennsylvania’s Pocono Mountains that fully embraces the freeze. Each year, the family resort offers guests a wide variety of activities to delight the senses and help guests through the more trying winter months.
Premiering for the first time in 2019, the Poconos resort will feature Winterfest Weekends. On non-holiday Saturdays January through mid-March, guests can immerse themselves in a winter wonderland of cold-weather commotion. Guests can look forward to:
- A midway-style carnival featuring both indoor and outdoor activities to excite even the most wavering winter travelers. Outside activities will include a hot chocolate bar, festive lights display, marshmallow roasting, and tailgate games. Inside, guests can warm up with winter-themed carnival games (think curling with ice cubes), crafting, balloon animals, and face painting.
- Longtime guest favorites such as snow tubing, snowshoeing, ice fishing, and ice skating on the resort’s lake or under the canopy-covered, synthetic rink, which just opened last winter.
- Winter Olympics featuring mountain bowling, snow shovel passing, and snow tube switch-a-rooing as guests compete for a coveted Woodloch gold medal.
- Winter archery tag where friends become targets in this game set amongst the resort’s stunning Pocono backdrop.
- A brand-new escape room where groups of 8 to 10 players solve a series of puzzles during a set amount of time in order to unveil the secret plot and “escape” from the setting.
- Some of the family resort’s most popular amenities including a zip-line and climbing wall, go-karts, bumper cars, game shows and trivia, a Broadway-style theme show, and the Indoor Pool Complex complete with slide and splash zone.
If all of that isn’t enough, Woodloch is the official partner of Ski Big Bear at Masthope Mountain, located only eight miles away. Take advantage of the family resort’s “SKIHAUS” promotion, and enjoy a stay in a spacious Woodloch Springs guest home at a 15% discount plus an additional 15% off lift tickets. Ski Big Bear is known for their family-friendly atmosphere and is the perfect place to learn with their personalized ski instruction and user-friendly trails.
“Winter is a really special season here at Woodloch Pines,” explains John Kiesendahl, Owner and President of the Poconos resort. “The snowy landscape is picture-perfect, and our guests are awed by the beauty that surrounds them. Some can’t wait to race outside to enjoy all the wintry fun, and others are happy to just relax and stay cozy indoors by a fire. It’s really great because there’s something for everyone.”
As an added bonus, winter weekends feature some of the family resort’s lowest prices of the season with all-inclusive rates starting at $192 per adult, per night. To obtain more information or to book a stay, please visit the website, or call 1-800-Woodloch.
About Woodloch Pines Resort:
Creating a magical experience for families since 1958, Woodloch Pines Resort’s signature warm hospitality keeps guests returning year after year and offers a truly unique all-inclusive family vacation experience fitting for everyone’s taste. An award-winning family resort, championship golf course and sister property featuring a luxury destination spa is just 95 scenic and convenient miles from New York and Philadelphia nestled in the Pocono Mountains Lake Region. For more information call 800-966-3562 or visit woodloch.com.